Gone are the days of boring mosaic and tile floors. Gone are the days of painstakingly building a magnificent wooden floorboard. Impossible you might say? Well, it is time to open your eyes and believe in the revolutionary product. The NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler/Nailerreview is all you need to get through the conundrum.
Attaching the hardwood for building a seamless floor can be tedious and can take a lot of time. This is why a nailer also called a stapler, can be very handy. As the name suggests, a flooring stapler will staple the boards together with nails, and the action is pretty simple; you just nail it.
The NuMax is a cult favorite as it offers 3-in-1 action and will not only staple the boards but also save your budget. So, if you are interested, dive in and check out other cooler features of this handy product.
A Quick Look at the Features of NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
- Accessible by DIY enthusiasts as well as professionals
- Durable and sustainable body built with certified materials
- The grip handle is comfortable and will not cause hand cramps
- Versatile product that can be used for roofing, siding, and flooring
- Ahighly functional product that can interchange between T-cleats and L-cleats
- The flooring nailer is air powered
- Rubber grip handle reduces the chances of the nailer slipping off
- To clear the jams using drive blades, a semi-quick release option is installed
- It is equipped with a white rubber mallet, adjustments tools, and air tool oil
- The staplers provided within and compatible with the tool are durable and tough
- Inexpensive and effortless product
NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler/Nailer Review
- Nailed It: This pneumatic flooring nailer and stapler features a lightweight aluminum body, ergonomic comfort grip handle, replaceable base plate and 3-in-1 design that allows it to easily switch between T-cleats, L-cleats and staples for maximum functionality.
- Ergonomic Design: This flooring nailer has an extended handle to prevent achy backs and a light strike bumper for low impact fastener driving. It comes with a rubber mallet to move flooring in place. It's ideal for professional jobs and home DIY projects.
- The Right Tool for the Job: We're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long lasting, high quality products. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
The NuMax is not a cult classic only because of its unbelievably inexpensive price range. It is also a crowd-pleaser. The stapler can work with two types of cleats and also staples by eliminating the need of buying a separate product that is functional with L-cleats and T-cleats.
Accordingly, it has other amazing features that make it the alpha of affordable nailers, which we shall talk about now.
Construction of the Nailer
It’s an easy guess that installing wooden floorboards will require a lot of moving around. Hence, the machine’s stapling process should be light and portable to be effective and to avoid wasting time. On this account, the NuMax has taken special care with the constriction of the product.
The body of this machine is made up of a lightweight aluminum frame, which means the product is very light about 16.09 pounds. However, you should not take away the dependability factor from the product just because it is lightweight. It is very sturdy and can hold up to the hammering needed to staple the cleats.
There are predominantly two types of wooden floor staplers, manuals, and pneumatic. If you are keen on technology and want to get done with wooden floors quickly, there is no alternative to pneumatic nailers.
This is a method where vacuum induced compressed air to create a force that nails the cleats or staples on the floor. It replaces the need for hammering on the designated area of the flooring stapler. This means less force needs to be exerted by the user, and the job can be completed more efficiently.
Accordingly, the air tool oil acts as the compressed air reservoir for the nailer and supplies with constant air for stapling. The compressed air is used to drive the piston, which forces the stapler out with enough pressure to mold two wooden boards together.
On the other hand, the NuMax also comes with a hammer, which means it can be used manually when needed.
The task of flooring boards is tedious work and can take hours. In this case, efficient design is a must for any flooring stapler. The more ergonomic design the better it will work for the user. This is why NuMax made sure that the users felt comfortable while working with the nailer.
Besides, the handle has a curve to it, which makes it easier to hold and place on the boards. Moreover, the length of the handle is at a perfect distance from the hammering place which will eliminate the need for excessive bending over.
Hence, reduce the chances of back pain. The handle will also cause minimum hand cramps. To avoid the machine to slip off from the user’s hand, the handle is lined with rubber. This increases grip and ensures optimum control.
3 in 1 action
An amazing deal would be a machine which works flawlessly and fulfills all its promises. In that sense, the NuMax takes it up a notch by functioning 3 ways. There are three types of nails used for flooring boards, Staplers, L-cleats, and T-cleats.
Depending on your preference, you can choose to work with any of them. Staplers are readily available and used for harder wood. On the other hand, cleats give a more precise application. Now, you may wish you could have the ability to use both nails as you might require them on different occasions.
Well, NuMax grants your wish and allows you to work with all three kinds of above-mentioned nails. The staples compatible with the machine are also durably built and will not falter at excess force or pressure.
A nailer that can only work on a single kind of wood for flooring wouldn’t be of any use. If the machine can function with multiple kind of materials and also gives a precise and smooth finish, it’s a keeper.
At the same time, the NuMax offers outstanding flexibility when it comes to operating with different kinds of floorboards. This means you don’t have to go for another nailer to do the floors. This is possible because of the 3 in 1 feature of the device.
It can also work with interchangeable 16 gauge T-cleats and R-cleats and crown staples. In most cases, shifting to and fro might be problematic, but not with the NuMax as it ensures effortless interchangeability.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a white rubber mallet more effective than a black rubber mallet?
It depends on personal preference, but a white rubber mallet leaves less stain.
2. Which type of stapler is more effective and time-efficient?
The pneumatic powered flooring staplers are more effective and efficient.
3. Will the air compression leave indents on the floor?
The tool exerts enough force to pin the staples to the floorboard but will not cause any damage to the wood.
4. Can the NuMax 3-in-1 be used with a hammer?
The machine comes with a white rubber mallet which can be used on the stapler.
5. Is the machine compatible with any kind of flooring nails?
Yes, the machine can work with any kind of flooring nails.
Note that Worth
It is not easy to come by an effective nailer, let alone a device that offers 3 in 1 functionality. So, if you’re on a budget but want smooth and precise wooden flooring, look no further than NuMax.
The NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler/Nailer review should be convincing and should resolve your doubts.No other nailers in the market will be this affordable yet effective.